Scotia Branch Library
We are proud to have completed the restoration of the Scotia branch library, located in Collins park in early fall 2020. Constructed in 1728 for the Glen family this building has served as a community library since 1930 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. All of our work on the project needed to mimic the original construction. The goal was to make the building look as it once had, not brand new. Many finishes had to be custom milled on site to match the existing architectural elements. Our scope of work included the following: foundation/sill replacement and repair, structural repairs throughout, asbestos and lead abatement, restoration of all 52 original windows, new slate roof with copper detailing, new paint throughout and creating a perimeter drainage system.
Click on image to view slides.